Friday, March 12, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos, Silas!


Today Silas turned 5 years old! It was his special day. His request..."no girl things and no girls allowed!" So, that is what it was...he chose to watch his favorite movie, "Cars" and take a friend to Craigs Cruisers for a few hours. He was hilarious, and totally enjoyed his few hours of just being with the boys (and mommy- he told me that I was ok to come along only if I drove fast on the race cars)...
Reflecting on this last year, specifically since he gained 2 new sisters, we've seen him go through some really hard moments, easily angered, frustrated often, distracted at school, increased fears...but, through all of that...He is growing up before our very eyes...He is a little boy who cares deeply, is passionate about life...putting all he has into the people and things he loves...he is highly sensitive, loves our time (or anyone who will listen to his big imaginative stories)...
Silas is such a gift from God! Our family would not be complete without him! The other day I caught him under his play table, covered by blankets...I peeked in at him and he had his little night light on, his kids Bible, and was pretending to read the Bible stories...when he saw me he said, "Mom, don't interupt my time with God!" And if I ask him what his favorite thing to do during the week is...he tells me it's singing worship music to Jesus at Kidz Praise!
Some days it is easy for me to doubt how he is really doing when life just seems so hard for him...our family dynamics has rocked his world...it can get a little messy at times...but, God is so good! He has given me glimpses of those special moments where I see Him pursuing Silas, holding Him in the palm of His hand, letting our little boy have moments of peace and joy when he needs it most!
My prayer for Silas this year is that he continues to find great comfort and joy in singing praises to Jesus, that he continues to love to listen to Bible stories, and hide God's word in his heart. We're all a work in progress...it has been heart wrenching at times to watch Silas endure such a great change in his little world, but also rewarding to see him being molded into the little boy God desires him to be!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love this little man! I hope you guys are doing well...we miss you! We were in Zeeland last weekend and thought of you...we will have to get your address and stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete