That's right...God heard our prayers...and SENTENCIA came our way today!!! It's been whirlwind of a day. I was in the middle of getting my haircut at the hotel when Isabel called. She was very calm at first, sharing that she talked to our attorney this morning...the attorney had already spoken with the judge, and the judge told her that courts were closed...as you can see below (if you understand Spanish) that indeed Court 6 is closed the whole month of February...

...and the judge said NO. Isabel pushed harder...the attorney tried one more time with the judge, and the judge then agreed to meet her at the courts this morning. We still needed the Defender's signature (which they are allowed 5 business days)...but, the judge then convinced the Defender to sign off our case...I cried so hard when I hung up the phone. Caroline was right with me...I told her "Mami es muy feliz para usted es mi hija siempre!" She understood exactly what I meant (even though it was all "spanglished" up in emotion), and we hugged for a very long time...but, then she freaked out when she saw me getting ready to leave because she thought I was leaving to go to the United States without her...no kids allowed to come to the signing...thankfully Valeria was right there explaining everything to her...Caroline is still taking it all in! (please pray for her...I was gone a long time today and have to leave first thing tomorrow...her emotions are all over the place right now)!
At 1:oo pm, Johnny, Carmen, and myself headed downtown to court 6...after 4 hours of correcting errors on our final decree (like John's name, Caroline's birthdate, the girl's birth last name, my maiden name...) You know, we were actually in a good court, I discovered it was our attorney who dropped the ball on us! What she did in one day, Isabel and Carmen had been trying to get her to do 2 weeks ago. But, I signed, and that is what matters!!!

So, it's official!! Caroline Nicole and Marta Tatiana are offically Vander Maas'...we made it through the first step of many to come home!! Tomorrow morning first thing, Carmen and I are off to the Notary where the girls were relinquished. Please pray the documents we need turn in 1 day (usually takes 2)...if it does we have a good chance to come home by Saturday...if not, I'm quite sure I will be here until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week...regardless...it's a happy day! And once we get through all the paperwork hurdles (notary, passports, US embassy Doctor, Us Embassy, Visas)...we will be coming home!!! Prayer warriors...you're awesome!!! God heard...and ANSWERED!
Doing a little praise dance for you all! God gave you a test yet He knew what was best! Congrats to you, John and Kristi for being offically caretakers of two more princesses of the Almighty King! How great and gracious He is! Can't wait to see you with them buzzing about Zealand!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Definitely an answered prayer - hope your next steps move along quickly and you are home before you know it!
ReplyDeleteWOOHOOO!!!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteOh Kristi, I'm so happy for you!! Thank you God for hearing the cries of your daughter and friends and family, and for giving this gift of being home soon to reunite as a family! We thank You and praise You! Kristi, blessings to you and the girls this week as you finish all the last details. Sending you a big squeeze through the computer! :)
ReplyDeleteOh such great news to greet me on the computer screen!! You will be home soon - start packing :) I am sure it will be an emotional week as you say your "goodbye for now's"!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are celebrating with you all!!
Congrats! Hopefully goes smoothly for you the rest of the way. Can't wait to meet the little ones. We saw Silas the other weekend at Sam's basketball game. Audrey shared her fruit snacks with him and they played together. Seems like he's adjusted back to the states.
ReplyDeleteWe will keep you in our prayers for a smooth finish and a safe arrival home.
Kristi -
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, we are soooo happy for you! I just knew God would answer your prayers. Your faithfullness to Him has been amazing. God hears the prayers of His faithful ones. He is so GOOD! WE rejoice in your happiness and send up our thanksgiving to Him for this wonderful news. WE continue to pray that this transition home is smooth, and that you travel safely!
We praise God for Nico, too and the bridge that was built! Wow, we are thrilled that you could be a blessing to each other. Our God is so great!
Continuing to pray for you and the new VanderMass additions :) Whoo hoo!
Love and hugs - The Holwerdas
Our dear Kristi,Caroline and Marta,we are more than elated at this wonderful news that within days we will be reunited with each other..It's been such a blessing and so much fun taking care of Isabel and Silas.They are both so excited to have their Mom and sisters home..Isabel's teacher said she asks for prayers everyday for her Mom and sisters..so precious is she, and Si keeps an upbeat spirit and humor that keeps us all laughing! I think of the song,"Why Worry When You Can Pray" We have a mighty God who listens to His children's prayers and in His timing and His way answers those prayers..How awesome is that,Kristi!! Can't Wait, Mom & Dad
ReplyDelete