Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mas Piojos!

Yesterday started off like any other day...Caroline has been so "programed" at the institution, not in a bad way, just very scheduled. She wakes up, comes to the side of my bed, gives me about a hundred kisses and "te amos"...and then "Mama, auydame por favor, necisito ir al bano!" Off, we go to the bathroom...a little "chee chee" (that's pee pee in Spanish)...a few giggles. She is ready to to get dressed, right down to her socks and shoes. Today, as most days, she picked to wear her red shoes...for some reason she has an obsession with these shoes...I've never seen anything like it, she thinks she's a "princesa" in them...so, I couldn't journal all these weeks in Bogota and forget the red shoes...

Silas also has an obsession in Bogota...I think if he and I went out every day, got some ice cream, and sat on the street bench watching the construction workers...he would be one content boy, 24/7! The day was going very good...


...I was feeling brave...the hotel food has not been that great since Juanita has been on vacation and I had been craving a Colombian Adoptive Family favorite all through this journey...so, I packed up all 4 kids and we went out to eat at the resturaunt. We managed to make it through with only one meltdown from Silas not liking his waffle, and wanting to go back outside and watch the construction workers...so, to all my fellow adoptive Colombian parents, this lunch was for you...


...ahh fresh "fresca!" The juices here are so gooood! But, we were getting a little tired of the Mango and Mora, so it was a real treat for us to have freshly squeezed strawberry jugo!

...we then ventured to the park...it was a great day...and then we returned back to the hotel with Dr. Clementcia waiting to check the kids "piojos"...ayyy...Caroline still had mucho piojos in her pello!! Everyone else clear...but, still needing to do the treatments...Below you see Silas and Marta having their head lice treatment. They obviously didn't mind...
Myself...well, let's just say "piojos" can mess with your head. The morning that I found many in Carolines bed I was totally grossed out. I think I "faked" it well..but, that whole day it took everything I had to have my precious girl hug and kiss me over and over and over again. My head has "itched" ever since, even though I only had a few juevos in my head that are gone. Totally a mind thing...so, when I heard they were still there, and realizing I snuggled with her during her nap...I knew I better do the "champuz" treatment, also. God so knew that I need this time. With all the kids sleeping, I ran the hot bath water (sounds better than it really is, the grande tub is rather yucky and old, but, I needed to relax,)...and for 30 minutes was "still" before my loving Father, resting in His presence...with John gone, having a quiet time has been almost non-existant, and this is not something I can do on my own strength. God revealed to me that I am full of "piojos" and yet He still comes to me, with open arms, loving me, just as I am...why is it that He needed to use these darn piojos to get my attention?! Because I had begun to do this thing called "motherhood" on my own, and it just doesn't work.
So, after a sweet time with my Loving Father...I combed out my head-no piojos...climbed into bed with Caroline, rubbed her head, and whispered Jesus' promises to her while she was sleeping.
Thank you Jesus for reminding me in a "quiet" moment that I am Yours and You are mine. I do not have to do this by myself. And thank you God for giving me peace of mind to snuggle with my precious girl, and love her the way You love her! She is your beautiful "princesa"...my prayer is that someday she will realize it's so much more than the "pretty" red shoes that makes her a "princess" of the King!

5 comments:

  1. Great entry Kris ... Isn't the Gospel great?

    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great message to see and feel in a yucky situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great message today...i have tears in my eyes...God really is amazing in the ways that He teaches us, isn't he?!
    So jealous of the Crepes and Waffles lunch...you're so brave to take them all yourself...you continue to amaze us on this journey!
    Give those little kiddos a beso for us!
    Love ya,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs and love to you as you gave me such a great reminder about our Father! I needed to hear that today :)

    We just continue to be amazed by you and your family and are blessed to know you more and more every day. I love your encouraging words and appreciate so much what you are doing for our Father in holding these kiddos so near for Him :)

    We pray you continue to have the strength and patience you need each day to enjoy your beautiful little ones. Please give Silas an extra squeeze, as Chase was missing on him the other day :( Carson reluctantly told me to squeeze Isabel too. He was so shy about it. It was very cute!

    Hugs and Love - The Holwerdas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristi! I'm sorry to hear that the piojos are still with you, but oh what a precious revelation God shared with you through them! Thank you for sharing so much with us all. I love to see how God is working in and through you. :)

    ReplyDelete